Good news! We now have two new higher speed DSL lines -- one for the main website and FTP server and one for our archive of older programs. So, our servers should be more responsive and handle greater capacity. Thanks to David Josephson for setting this up for us and for giving our servers a home for the past couple years.
* Upload Issues Solved
We believe we have resolved the problem with uploads that some of our contributors have been experiencing. We tracked the problem down to a faulty piece of network hardware which has been replaced. All our tests indicate that the upload issues have been solved. If anyone has any further problems, please let us know at #
*Radio Project Software Updated -- with more updates to come this week.
The Radio Project software has been significantly updated to make it run more efficiently. All known bugs in the previous version have been fixed -- please let up know (#
) if you spot an issue we've overlooked.
Software Update Highlights:
* Performance improvements and bug fixes.
* An improved upload wizard including support for adding variable bitrate files, files in the new "Ogg Vorbis" audio format, and adding links to files located on another web/ftp server.
* Support for pseudo-streaming Real Audio files.
* Uploading files from the web.
* Viewing and searching audio submissions from indymedia.org
* An advanced search interface.
* Improved browsing features.
* Multi-language support.